Dr. Lester Sitzes III
Dr. Lester Sitzes III grew up in Hope, graduating from Hope High School in 1973. He and his best friend Mike Huckabee attended Ouachita Baptist University together both graduating with honors in 3 years. Dr. Sitzes was accepted into the prestigious Baylor College of Dentistry in Dallas, Texas, graduating there in 1979.
Moving back to Hope, Dr. Sitzes practiced dentistry with his father Dr. Lester Sitzes Jr. for 12 years. He has been very active in the community giving back to the place he calls home and the people who live there.
He an his wife Marilyn Sitzes, the pharmacist in charge at Allcare Pharmacy raised 3 children all graduating from Hope High School. The oldest, Dr. April Brown, is an orthodontist in Kerrville, Texas. John Sitzes is the owner of Bobcat Freight in downtown Hope and Tristan Sitzes, is attending the University of Arkansas.
Dr. Sitzes is a farmer raising chickens for Tyson Foods, an avid hunter and fisherman. He and his family are member of Hope's First Baptist Church which he has attended since his father opened his Hope dental practice 1963.
A Boy Scout leader since 1979, Dr. Sitzes is Scoutmaster of Hope's Super Troop 5.
- Selected as Hope Star Best of the Best - Best Dentist in Hope, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016
- Selected as Hope Star Best of the Best - Best Dental Office in Hope, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Member of The American Dental Association since 1979
- Member of The Arkansas Dental Association since 1979
- Executive Council Member ASDA 1988 - 1993
- President of The Southwest Arkansas Dental Society 1986 - 1987
- Member of The Texarkana Dental Society served as President
- Selected to The Pierre Fachard Academy - lifetime member
- Selected to The American College of Dentistry
- Served on The Delta Dental of Arkansas Board
- Currently serving on the Arkansas Dental Political Action Committee
- Served on Arkansas Dental Medicaid Advisory Committee, Chairman for years
- Served on Arkansas Medical Medicaid Advisory Committe
- Member of Hope - Hempstead County Economic Development Corporation Board. Currently Chairman
- Member of Hope Water & Light Commission since 1991. Currently Vice-Chairman
- Longtime member of Hempstead County United Way Board. Served as President 1989
- Member of Hope Rotary Club for many years. President 1984-1985
- Member of Hope - Hempstead County Chamber of Commerce. President 1990. Council Committee 1000 point member.
- Arkansas Game and Fish Commissioner 1997-2004. Chairman 2003-2004
- Governor Huckabee's Transition Committee 1997
- Mike Huckabee's State Campaign Chairman, Two campaigns.
- Member of Ducks Unlimited Conservation Organization, Life Sponsor, served as the Chairman and a State Officer earning a National Achievement Award.
- Hope Youth Baseball Coach, earning Allstar Coach Status.
- Hope Youth Trap Shooting Coach